Wednesday, February 07, 2018

...waiting at the story

City went to sleep much earlier than the usual 11.30 sirens; I walked like a horse, hopping on the empty road where moonlight and florescent bulbs played the game of chess. Other than occasional vehicle screeches from a distant main road, the night was silent. I fell aimlessly, lying in the street, leading nowhere and everywhere.    But at the corner street, God must be waiting for me. I am already late for the promised weekend meeting. Before meeting God, Death will join me.

And there he is, the Death, lord of the forgotten future, standing next to the lamppost.

He looked like an angel of shadow among that chessboard of Light and dark. As usual he did not acknowledge my arrival but joined me in my walk towards God. Today, unlike other days, he did not speak a word afterwards.

Our friendship was a strange coincidence. It was long before I was born; if I am correct, it was much before that I imagined taking birth that one day, on the streets of Mumbai, I met him over a cup of tea. At first sight, I felt comfortable with him.

He was a silent spectacle among those million crowds of deaf and mute walking through the pavements of life and its time.

His sound was horrible; I could experience the immaculate wavelength built over time between us. So we became friends. God was his friend, and naturally, he also became my friend.

By the way, what was that I am talking about….?

It was not about my friendship, right?

These days, I lose track of my thinking quite often

Or was It about the night?

Or was it about the chess that Light played with us?

“Forget it…” meeting God is essential.

Unfortunately, at that moment, the road ahead of me started curling up like a tornado. The scared Death clung to my left hand, and I couldn’t move. The sky, moon, stars and everything started getting sucked up in that unexplainable.

Slowly but steadily, we entered those entanglements – myself and my friend Death.

There, we saw God is still waiting!

Among those unexplainable where first couldn’t giveaway for the seconds and Death, my friend and his friend God and myself didn’t exist…

We were waiting at THE STORY….

No comments: