Wednesday, February 07, 2018

movements

The screech of a broken glass door woke me up from the dream.

Surrounding me were those broken pieces of vengeance- the broken pieces of my valued life possessions, old parents, my wife and only son… all are gone in seconds.

No one told me the bomb was coming to us, uninvited, of course, but only if someone from the government or the enemy… had said to me about this uninvited bomb, at least I could have stayed with my family. 

Now, since all of them had gone in the nick of a second, all I had was this dream... Just ten minutes before the blast, my father blessed my six-year-old son on his birthday that he would live another hundred years to see his children’s marriage…

Marriage, huh… when you talk about marriage, it reminds me of my marriage.

What a splendid affair that …the entire street was dancing that day. Glitter and glory that father was always fond of had let loose on that day. Moinudeen, my childhood friend, my all-time defender, was completely drunk on that day…the day when cows and calves were gracing on the sky, birds and trees were dancing on the ground, the day I got married to Nafeeza…strange day of my life, the beautiful day of my life….

On that day, my mother was in her most beautiful dress. The long golden dress with blue linings, the favourite colours of my father, the day my next-door neighbour proposed to marry her, my father….

Such was the day when all were happy. The most beautiful thing that happened to me that day was my son… That day, he came to wish us with glory and glitter…my son!

In the next room, he remains dead now…

my son...

my mother, father and Nafeeza are dead …only if they had told me about this uninvited bomb, I could have been with them, my lovely family….

Strange is the way this world!

A corpse cannot move. My dead body refuses to move!!!

Movements

Movements

Movements

Some movement makes bomb

Some movement makes notions

Some movement drops it in homes

Movements …

movements…

heartless movements…but My dead body refuses to move…

During supper time, the world had those visuals in the evening -our dead moments on TV with chicken lollipop advertisement moving under it…

God came out of the bunker ...

Death, his friend walked out of the room

No comments: